If you had a less sleep last night, and today you’re feeling sleepy all the time, then there is a reason to believe that it is quite reasonable. But if you feel tired during the daytime, every day then there is a problem in the body or mind which needs to be fixed.
Feeling tired all throughout the day causes many problems such as
Lack of concentration
Difficulty in coping with the work schedule
Body pain, headache, backache
Lethargy lacks interest
Lack of night sleep
Boredom, depression, etc
As per Ayurveda, there can be many physical and mental causes for feeling excessive sleepy during the day. The solutions are hidden in the causes itself.
1. Fix your sleep – wake schedule One of the big reasons for feeling tired during day time is, lack of proper night sleep. Make sure that you have at least 6 – 7 hours of good night sleep. Follow all sleeping etiquettes like avoiding coffee, at least three hours before sleep, keeping your room dark at bedtime, etc. Read more – How to sleep naturally?
- Tamas – The negative force – If you are lethargic by nature, do not have a positive outlook towards your future, inactive person by your nature, time to change that and lead a physically and mentally active life. Include Yoga, Pranayama, prayer, reading positive self-help books in your routine. More here – How to get rid of laziness
- Stress, fear, anger, and depression – All these factors can make you dull and tempt you to avoid active life, leading to sleepiness all throughout the day. Fix your issues with the relationship, duty, and your responsibilities. Ask for help from friends or go for a counseling session or find answers for your emotional problems in self-help books. Get rid of depression. Read more – How hobbies can cure your depression
- Body type – As per Ayurveda, people with Kapha body type, usually require a little more sleeping time, than others. If your Ayurvedic doctor has told that you have a Kapha body type, then consider increasing sleep period during the night.
- Age – Naturally, aged people and children require day sleep to balance the energy deficit. For them, Ayurveda recommends day sleeping to avoid feeling sleepy all the time.
- Plan the day sleep – Certain type of people and patients require day sleep. If they avoid it, they will have a sleepy feeling all the time. Learn more about it – Who needs a day sleep and how much?
- Diet – avoid heavy meal – If you think that heavy stomach is causing sleepy feeling, then consider reducing the size of your dinner / breakfast. Instead, have light food many times a day. Consult your doctor on this.
- Digestion – People with digestive problems may have excessive sleepiness. In them, use of ginger and pepper or proper treatment for indigestion helps to resolve the issue.
- Regular exercise – Lack of an active body and mind is route cause for many diseases, including sleepiness. Regular exercise will pump oxygen to all parts of your body. It also helps lungs to draw in more oxygen and keeps you energetic.
- Have bright light – During the daytime, maintain the room sufficiently bright. Dark room or absence of light leads to melatonin secretion, which in turn leads to feeling sleepy. Hence always sit in a bright room.
- Proper ventilation – Keep the room properly ventilated, so the fresh breeze brings in refreshing energy.
- Pranayama – breathing exercise will help you make use of available energy in a better way. Leading to energetic days.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking – One more reason to avoid them.
- Stimulant – small dose of coffee, tea, sugarless lemon juice, honey with lukewarm water will help you keep alert and active.
- Have fruits and water – Keep your body well nourished and hydrated. Lack of nutrition leads to lack of energy, lethargy, and sleepiness.
- Sit straight and alert – Casual sitting postures, with head resting on the chair, with pillows all around, will make you sleepy. How to sit straight
- Hidden Disease – Certain diseases also brings in weakness and sleepiness like diabetes, hypothyroidism, etc.C Consult your doctor for a proper analysis and appropriate treatment.
Mudras will help you to overcome this condition.
Mudras For Dullness of mind:
Mudra is a part of holistic healing like Ayurveda and Yoga. It is very useful and easy to practice. Anyone can practice it anytime. 45 minutes of practice is enough to get a good result. The major advantage of mudra is you can practice it while traveling or watching T.V. know more about this mudra click on the links.
Before practicing Mudras it is very important to find your Ayurvedic Body type To find your Ayurvedic body type follow this link