Fasting is something that I am sure you have heard of by now, some say it is safe others say it Is dangerous, but when done correctly it can be completely safe! There are many wonderful benefits of fasting.
The idea is that skipping a day of food to cleanse the body of toxins. It is an ancient and powerful practice that allows the body to heal rest and detoxify.
- It gives the digestive system a rest when we are not eating heavy foods that take longer to digest our systems get a rest. Even if you are doing something such as juice fast, the juice is so easy for our system and are quickly assimilated through the upper digestive tract.
- Can help beat addictions when we fast we are removing the waste from our bodies giving them a chance to rest.
- Fasting is a wonderful way to begin a healthy diet. You take one day off from your normal unhealthy diet, and then begin fresh with a healthy well balanced diet full of fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Help to reduce normal hunger levels. It helps to regulate the hormones in the body so that you will be able to experience what real hunger is, instead of simply popping something in your mouth to pop something in your mouth. Think of it as a reset button.
- Promotes the detoxification process.
- Whitens the eyes and clears the complexion.
- It can help reduce high blood pressure.
- It helps to boost the immune system overall. It reduces free radical damage, regulates inflammatory conditions in the body and starves off cancer cell formation.
Remember to look around, and find the fast that works best for you. Simply not eating is not for everyone and you should explore your options to find out what best suits you.